Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cheat Shake

Day 2 of boot camp week and I've officially fallen hard for a sweet, peanut buttery, chocolatey dream. We've been seeing each other almost every day, even though I've resolved to be a fitness blogger this week. What can I say - the taste buds want what the taste buds want!


The good news is

that this relationship can be allowed to continue because this shake - wait for it - isn't really a cheat! It's packed with protein, super-filling, and has almost no sugar! I drink it for breakfast or a snack after school and it satisfies my stomach and my sweet tooth in one 230-calorie punch.

Cheat Shake 
-1 TBSP Baking Cocoa
-1 TBSP Peanut Butter (natural blends best!)
-1/4 cup vanilla Protein Powder
-3/4 cup water
-1 1/2 - 2 cups crushed ice

First of, you'll need one of these guys. Any food processor or blender should work if it can handle ice. 


Add the water, protein powder, peanut butter, and cocoa. 



   


 Once it's all in there, give it a quick pulse!


Now, add the ice. I recommend adding it 1/4 cup at a time until you can just see the crushed ice at the top of the shake.

If you have a weak little smoothie mixer like mine, you might have to give the ice a few smacks with the hammer to break it up into manageable chunks. 


Once your shake has reached desired iciness, ta-da! One cool, delicious treat for you. 



I hope you enjoy your own love affair with this Cheat Shake. I really do, and I wish you two the best. I'm not bitter about having to share or anything. 

What flavor Cheat Shake would you like to see next? Talk about it! 

Love, Bella

P.S. I started a Health & Fitness board on Pinterest today - check it out for some great ideas!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

All feedback is really appreciated and I try to respond to all comments!