Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Maybe if I did cool things

So, I was just stalking myself on blogger. (Yep, I'm that full of myself.) Oh really? You don't do that? You don't scroll through your old Instagrams simply for the satisfaction of how good you looked in that one dress, or press the "see more" button at the bottom of your Facebook page to relive 2009 just for the heck of it? No matter how painful it is to be reminded of your old hairstyle, lingo, relationship, whatever - WE ALL DO IT!! Yeah, that's what I thought.

To further justify how super-concieted or nostalgic or whatever it was I was being, stalking my own blog got me thinking about why do I not do this anymore?

And then I said to myself, Self, (that one's courtesy of my dad. No wonder I'm so funnay) it's because WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING COOL AND ACTUALLY TOOK PICTURES OF IT OR EVEN REMEMBERED WHAT HAPPENED? Not that I was passed out drunk or anything, but lets be honest. Most of my recent pictures and ativities consist of things like this. AKA having fun and taking selfies, which is the beauty of being a teenager and owning my PSG white iPhone. We're expected to do things like taking cute selfies in selife study hall and then having them posted on Instagram against our will (see below) And then stalking ourselves later.

 
 Also, ignoring the less important things like an impending heat stroke, dehydration, and the fact that we have to pee. so. bad. at Cedar Point in order to capture our sweaty little faces.
 Taking selfies alone and pretending we were with Zac Efron.
Having the paparazzi take pictures of us while we have a dinosaur on our face.
 
 
And all of these got me thinking about how I never tkae pictures of cool stuff anymore, and seriosly you don't really want to see my face overandoverandovereverysingleday. It's okay, you can be honest. So I'll work on that, because I really do enjoy this part of my life and it means a lot to me. And I miss you.
 
Do you feel like we just broke up and I want you back?
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

All feedback is really appreciated and I try to respond to all comments!