Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I Made You Cookies

So, guess what? You're in luck! Because this last weekend I did something BEYOND fabulous, and it's called I went to church camp at this camp about in the middle of my hand, right next to the gigantic crease and the one thats supposed to tell you how many husbands you're going to have. (I'm going to die alone, just for the record.) It's called Springhill, and there's one somewhere else in Michigan and in Indiana if you live in either place and you're interested (you should be.) The only down side is that they don't have peanut butter there because "someone could be allergic and die" whatever  but they do have Jesus so that definitely makes up for it.

Ok now I have no idea what I was even talking about.

Something about cookies . . . and you being lucky . . .

OH! Because as a result of church camp, I woke up tired and feeling disgusting Monday morning and made an executive decision (an excellent one at that) to exempt myself from school. So, I slept until noon and then watched Harry Potter (the 6th one) and made cookies and let me tell you, it was pretty much a miracle cure. And also, the cookies I invented are delicious.

And healthy. 

Waiiiittt! Come back! They're still delicious.  They're not pretty, but everybody knows that its what's on the inside that counts.

They're full on lots of healthy things AND some very very naughty unhealthy things that make them taste good. And you should really just give them a try and see if you don't get addicted because I totally did. Like, I ate half the batch after I made them yesterday. Not that I have self-control or anything, so I guess that's not really impressive. But seriously just try it I DARE YOU!

Healthy Granola Cookies
Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 medium banana
1 T Honey
1 T brown sugar
1 T granulated sugar
2 medium egg whites
3/4 cup granola, use your favorite!
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (JIF. Only JIF)
1 1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t almond extract
1/2 t butter flavor
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t baking powder
cinnamon

What to do:
Preheat the oven to 375.

Put your banana half in a mixing bowl and mash it with a banana masher or any other variety of masher. As long as its good and smooshed because no one wants big banana chunks in their cookie.

Throw all the other stuff in the bowl and mix it up REALLY GOOD!

Divide the dough into 21 equal-ish portions on a greased cookie sheet or two. (I don't know you. I don't know how big your cookie sheets are.) Bake them for 8-10 minutes and then eat them. 

Each cookie is 135 calories ish, if you care. But I mean just go ahead and eat them all anyway because CHECK OUT ALL THOSE WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS! 

And that's why you're happy that I went to church camp this weekend. Love ya





No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

All feedback is really appreciated and I try to respond to all comments!