Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Dates

There are all kinds of girls out there.  Country girls, relationship girls, girls' girls, Gilmore girls, #girlswithtatts, unfriendly black hotties, girls who eat their feelings, girls who don't eat anything, desperate wannabes, burnouts, sexually active band geeks, and the greatest people you have ever met. I'm not sure if boys subdivide themselves into all these categories or not . . . I'm going to go with not. For women, though, there are options. Pretty much any girl can find a niche in the plethora of adjectives describing just what kind of female she is, a niche that describes and defines her.

I, for instance, happen to be a dessert girl. I. Love. Dessert.  Like, when someone asks that thought provoking question like, "What can you not imagine living without?" my answer would have to be dessert.  I have tried to give it up. I have tried so hard.  Recently, though, I've decided to stop fighting nature and accept myself for who I am: a Dessert Girl.

Unfortunately, being a Dessert Girl is both a joy and burden.  A joy for obvious reasons.  A burden for because desserts are really bad at contributing to long-term health and stuff like that.  Also, they are really manipulative and make you think that if you just eat all the desserts you will feel just as great as when you eat alllll the fruits and vegetables.  Which is a dirty lie. Most of the time.

Enter: dates.  Not dates with boys, as if! Boys have cooties. Dates as in the really sweet shrively looking fruit things that make desserts fit into the long term plan of living a quality life that lasts past the age of 55.  I Pinterested it and made some date brownies, and then ate like four of them last night.  Which left only 3. Which meant I had to whip up another dessert FAST or else I would have an identity crisis.  Thus, the cinnamon raisin cookie bar was born. Ta da.

In a food processor, process together:

4 dates (0r 80 grams)
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1/2+1/3 cup ground almonds

When that's all smooth, stir in the raisins and cook everything in a greased loaf pan at 350 for 10-12 minutes. And then have 1 or 4 and feel no guilt because they're so healthy!

Happy eating!
Allie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

All feedback is really appreciated and I try to respond to all comments!