Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Runninrunninandrunninrunningadnrunninrunninandrunninrunnin

You know that song, that song that starts and ends like, "Runnin', runnin' and runnin', runnin and runnin' runnin" for ever and ever? I'm not even sure what song it is.

Runnin' runnin'

Runnin' runnin'

still runnin' runnin'

...


I just Googled it, and apparently a bunch of other people have also Googled "Runnin runnin and runnin runnin song" because they didn't know either, so you can stop laughing at me now and saying how I live under a rock.  It's Let's Get It Started by the Black Eyed Peas, for those who were wondering.

We're talking about runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin' today in honor of the first track meet of the season on Thursday (!!!) I found out today that I have to get to run at least one 800, which is two times around the track. When I say it like that, it sounds easy. Like, come on Allie, 2 is not a lot. 800, on the other hand, is a big number. 880, which is how far I'll be running in yards, is even bigger. So on Thursday I will run 880 yards, and it will be fun.

35 years ago ish, my dad ran his first 880, as a 5th grader. Want to know his PR for that season? 2:47. Want to know my time currently? 3:19.  That translates to about 32873 years in running world, and he was a 5th grader. As in a 10-year-old. Soooo, that lights a little bit of a fire under me, and I'm here to proclaim to the internet that newest life goal is to someday, somewhere, run a 2:46.

Well, now I have to do that because I just told everyone. Wish me luck!

*Luck, Allie*

Thanks guys.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

All feedback is really appreciated and I try to respond to all comments!